We have invested in the equipment and trained our clinical team to bring this form of innovative medicine to Abbey House Veterinary Hospital to treat pets in pain and speed up the recovery process.
What is laser therapy?
Laser therapy delivers a high dose of concentrated light energy directly to damaged tissue causing a cellular response, which results in reduced inflammation and pain, and promotes healing.
The laser can be used in contact with the skin or off the skin to allow treatment for a range of conditions from deep penetration of the joints to wound healing. The laser uses light wavelengths to interact with damaged tissue to promote increased local blood supply, reduce inflammation and increase the speed at which tissue repairs.
The therapy is completely painless and non-invasive, with the laser producing a light warming sensation. Patients are very tolerant of it – in fact many patients seem to enjoy laser therapy treatment and leave the practice feeling relaxed and content.
Each session will vary in length depending on what we are using it for but often will last between three and 15 minutes, and most conditions will require several sessions of laser therapy for the best results.
What can laser be used to treat?
- Post operative wound management
- Spinal conditions
- Laser therapy is particularly useful for compressive spinal cord conditions such as IVDD, where the laser can reduce inflammation and pressure on the spinal cord in cases where serious and costly decompressive spinal cord surgery is not an option.
- Degenerative joint disease
- Hip or elbow dysplasia
- Wound healing
- Lick granulomas
- Inflamed mouth and gums
- Ear inflammation and infection
- Laser therapy can provide a “hands-off” option to help dogs with extremely painful and inflamed ears.
- Skin disorders
Laser therapy will be offered for all surgical procedures at our Morley clinic but please ask a member of our team if you would like to know more information regarding its use in arthritis, skin conditions and many more conditions.
Cost of laser at Abbey House Vets Morley: (prices incl VAT)
- Post operative wound - £15
- Laser initial/one off use - £30
- Laser pre-paid package - £150 - 6 sessions for the price of 5
To book an appointment, please call us