Fireworks and Pets
WHAT TO DO 4 WEEKS BEFORE FIREWORK SEASON:
- Make sure your pet’s microchip details are up to date.
- Ensure dogs are fitted with a collar which includes your contact details.
- Prepare a ‘den’ at home – a place where your pets can feel safe. Put in their favourite toys and some of your clothing.
- Bring hutches inside if possible.
- Contact your local veterinary clinic to discuss natural, calming supplementation.
- Consider using natural pheromone plug-ins/sprays/collars. Speak to your vet for advice.
- Start using desensitisation sound clips which are available online for free.