Abbey House Lead Medical Veterinary Nurse Opportunity
Full-Time, Based in Morley, West Yorkshire
£2000 Welcome bonus – pro rata
Abbey House Hospital is based in Morley, 7 miles south of Leeds with great train and bus links into the city, as well as easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than 1 hour away.
We are a high standard primary care and referral Tier 3 Hospital & Training Practice (proudly Cat Friendly) with four satellite clinics. Our facilities are excellent (4 theatres, separate cat/dog/rabbit wards plus ICU, CT, oncology suite, visiting MRI, scopes including laparoscopy, operating microscope, dental suite with x-ray, high spec internal lab with lab tech) and we have an experienced and supportive Nurse Leadership Team.
We are committed to individual career advancement and can support clinical skills development at all levels, as well as progression into Leadership and Clinical Education roles. We have access to a HUGE bank of Linnaeus CPD including the AVA accredited Anaesthesia, RECOVER, ECC and Leadership Development.
We are also a friendly, welcoming team who enjoy bringing fun into the workplace. Our Associate Council organises regular events & we have made an exciting Engagement Action Plan together. We are also dedicated to promoting a healthy work life balance and are working on our wellbeing agenda, with two trained Mental Health First Aiders on site. We are proud to hold the Investors in the Environment Bronze Award.
Your role and responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Lead Medical Nurse. You will be working and supporting in:
- Effectively manage a team of RVNs, SVNs & PCAs including day to day support, development, absence management, PDRs
- Demonstrate excellent communication with the whole team and cascade information appropriately
- Take an active role in wider practice projects such as Engagement Action Planning and Practice Standards Scheme
- Attend and contribute to senior nurse meetings
- Working with the inpatient vets and RVNS to provide an excellent level of care to inpatients
- Liasing with clients to ensure they are communicated with about their hospitalised pet
- Liase with subscriber practices to ensure continuity of care for the patients
- Promoting and supporting projects such as the Practice Standards Scheme accreditations and awards and ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic
- Participate in clinical governance through contribution to Vetsafe, participating in Morbidity and Mortality meetings and assisting with clinical audit
- Promote and support the practice environmental policies
This is a 40hrs per week role which can be completed over 4 days with 1 in 4 weekends (part of the 4 day week). We will consider part time applicants and flexible working where possible.
We also offer:
5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays, Birthday off
Practice Bonus Scheme
Generous sick and parental leave policies
Employee Assistance, Eye Care, Cycle2Work
CPD allowance + fantastic internal CPD
RCVS / BVNA / VDS fees paid
Staff discount scheme
£2000 Welcome Bonus. 50% payable in the month you start and 50% on completion of probation.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
We’d love to hear from you so please contact email@example.com for more information or an informal chat.