Welcoming clients back into the practice
From Tuesday 11th August 2020, Monday to Friday, 8am – 7pm, we will be welcoming clients back into the Morley hospital with their pets for consultations
- We will only be allowing one person per animal into the building and we will be asking everyone to wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser on the way in and the way out.
(Certain exceptions can be made so please discuss any concerns with the reception team at the time of booking)
- When you arrive at the Morley hospital for your appointment please wait in your car until 5 minutes before your appointment time
If you have to wait for any procedure or medication or if there is any delay you may be asked to wait outside or in your car
Then please enter the practice by the normal porch door, where you will be met by a member of our team, who will check your appointment time, ensure you are wearing a suitable mask, ask you to use the hand sanitiser and then advise you where to sit.
- Once in the consulting room please wait on the “please wait here” marker. The vet will ask you to approach the consult table when they are ready to examine your pet.
- There is a strict 10 minute time limit in the consultation room due to concerns with test and trace. If there isn’t enough consult time, you may speak to the vet on the phone afterwards.
- Once the consultation has finished you will be asked to pay at either the reception desk inside or the payment window outside. Please wait for any medication outside.
The branch clinics are not allowing clients into the practice currently.
If you have any symptoms of Covid 19 or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms of Covid 19 please stay at home and call for advice.
Many thanks for your continued understanding and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in to the Morley hospital